Before sending a Letter of Inquiry to the M.B. & Edna Zale Foundation, do you meet the criteria explained in the Guidelines? If so,
DO. . .
- Send a one-to-two page letter (email preferred) that:
- Briefly describes the program or project, its objectives and expected measurable results. (See FAQs for additional guidance)
- States the dollar amount requested.
- Briefly describes the strengths the organization brings to the program.
- Includes proof of 501(c)(3) status.
NOTE: LETTERS OF INQUIRY FOR THE FALL 2021 BOARD MEETING MUST BE RECEIVED BY THE CLOSE OF BUSINESS (5 PM CT) — JUNE 18, 2021.
DON’T. . .
- Send requests for grants to an individual.
- Send requests for major support for the arts.
- Send requests for individual scholarships.
- Send lengthy bios of the people involved or a history of the organization.
- Send more material than we request.
AND. . .
Please wait for us to contact you. Grant proposals are taken under consideration twice yearly. After reviewing your initial Letter of Inquiry, if the Foundation is interested, you may receive a request to submit additional details or supporting materials.